World Scout Jamboree
Erschienen am 14. Juli 2019 in Jamboree 2019
Einige Mitglieder unseres Stammes befinden sich auf dem World Scout Jamboree. Das 24. Weltpfadfindertreffen findet vom 22. Juli bis 2. August 2019 im Summit Bechtel Reserve in West Virginia in den Vereinigten Staaten von Amerika statt. Das World Scout Jamboree 2019 steht unter dem Motto „Unlock a New World“, also eröffne dir eine neue Welt. Das Jamboree lädt ein, neue Abenteuer zu erleben, neue Kulturen kennenzulernen, neue Freundschaften zu schließen und sich damit eine neue Welt und neue Erlebnisse zu eröffnen.
Die Mitglieder unseres Stammes sind überwiegend in der Unit „Muggabadscher“.
Blog der Muggabadscher
24. Word Scout Jamboree
Blog des deutschen Kontingents
24th World Scout Jamboree (engl.)
The Official Blog of the World Scout Jamboree
- The jamboree is a one in a lifetime experience so you have to live to its best. From my experience, everything is pretty simple and everything, EVERYTHING even if it seems the most boring thing on the world is awesome. In case you’re wondering whether to go to a Word Scout Jamboree or you’ve made […]
- The final days of the jamboree you could see it was coming to an end. The market had leftovers, the clothes hanging dry weren’t there anymore and we as ambassadors attended the closing reception, where we received our neckers. Unfortunately some units left before the closing show or late at night (like we did) and […]
- Hi! Now the time has come. The last day of jamboree. We decided that we wanted to do one last big activity, so we woke up super early and went to activity called the Ropes. There we went from tree to tree via these swings and ropes. The misty forest was so beautiful and we […]
- Hii! Jamboree is starting to reach it’s end and I’m still trying to capture all this to my memory. At the morning we walked around the center and just looked all the fun things jamboree has to offer. We went to the campstore to buy last souvenirs and went to do some short activities. We also found some guy, who was playing a saxophone! That was quite amusing coincidence, because I also play it. At the afternoon I went to this GLOBE leadership activity. It was an escape room, but when we were in there, the instructors watched us via cameras and analyzed our leadership types. The first room was a forest, and we needed to find a code to get to the other room, which was a ranger station. There were lots of different tasks. We needed for example look writings from the walls with an UV-light. It’s fantastic that they can do such rooms in the scout camp. After we got out of there (almost 10 minutes before the time ended!) the instructors told us our leadership types. We discussed about every types positive and negative sides. It was really eye-opening experience! Before dinner, we had our own ending party with all the ambassadors. Four other ambassadors and couple ambassador leaders gave us incredible speeches.They were super beautiful! We also got our ambassador neckers and took a grouppicture. It was so nice […]
- At the jamboree, we bought our own ingredients from the jamboree market, and then made food of it by ourselves. The system worked really well, and the store was so cool. I really liked that there were music playing, and when for example the YMCA -song started, everybody would dance! The post Grocery shopping at […]
- Helloo! At the morning we decided that we would sleep bit longer than before, because we were all so exhausted from doing so much new and exciting things. Then around ten we took the bus (there were these american school buses!!) to this really big climping activity, where we for example tried rappelling! At first it was quite scary to just lean back from the edge, but when you got the wall you could just start going down. We took some speed races too! On the other side of this activity place was this another high tower. From there, you could take the leap of fate. So you could jump from there, the 10 meters high tower. Of course we had these harnesses for safety, but when you jumped down you wouldn’t even notice those. It took lots of courage to jump from the edge, but I’m very happy I did. In the air, it felt like flying. I think it was quite close to what parachute jump or bungee jump would feel like. And after that excperience, I’m definately gonna try those! When we were just leaving it started raining so hard! It was like ten times harder than Finland’s storm. It should have been sunny all day, so I didn’t take my rain coat with me. But luckily I have lovely friend who took me under her coat. Thanks Jenny! When we got to our campsite, I went to change some waterproof clothes. Then we went to the store to buy ingredients. After […]